BUCKET ELEVATOR INSTALLATION GUIDE
Securely mount to either the floor or a concrete pad with anchor bolts.
Shim and adjust the assembly until it is plum and level. Since this is the starting point of the elevator, any inaccuracy will be amplified as the height increases.
After the boot assembly is level and plum, grout is poured around the base. This builds additional support and seals up any gaps that may exist.
All of FEECO’s elevator components are designed with matching bolt flanges; when installing intermediate sections, align the flanges and fasten them together using the specified hardware.
Periodic checks for level and plum should be done as well.
Bracings or tie-ins to the building structure are required every 20 feet.
Align the bolt flange to the previous intermediate assembly and fasten together using the specified hardware.
Remove top section of the guard/casing.
Fasten the buckets to the belt or chain through the designated mounting holes using the specified hardware.
With the top guard section of the head assembly removed, feed a lifting cable or chain down to the boot.
Using this cable, lift the bucket and belt/chain assembly up through the elevator, around the head pulley, and back down to the boot.
Depending on chain or belt, join or splice the two ends together.
Retract throat plates as far away from the bucket as possible (these should be ½” away after all initial setup adjustments have been made).
With the belt option, an average 2% belt stretch needs to be accounted for during initial startup. The take-up, located on the boot assembly, is where this adjustment can be made.
With the chain option, 1” chain movement should be obtained. Again, this adjustment can be made at the take-up.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Conveyor Belt Strength Standard
- Conveyor Belt Product Classification
- Rapid spraying repair of conveyor belt
- Conveyor Belt Adjustment method
- Conveyor belt in use should pay att...
- Universal Belt
- Causes of longitudinal tearing of c...
- The reason for the tear of the conv...
- The cause of the damage of the conv...
- Troughing Carrying Idler With Bracket
- Belt Repair As An Operations & Main...
- TYPES OF BELT REPAIR
- Proven conveyor performance
- DIN22131 ST2500 China steel cord co...
- What should we pay attention to whe...
- How to choose the sidewall belt con...
- How to repair the rupture of sidewa...
- Design and product concept of Sidew...
- diamond grooved rubber lagging sheet